Self Employed consists of Sole Traders, Partners and Directors of Private/Public Limited Companies or Limited liability companies if their shareholding is 25% or more

Where the customer is self-employed, income should be verified by one of the following:

  • One year's accounts (prepared or certified by a qualified accountant); or
  • An accountant's reference covering at least the last year; or
  • One year's SA302 and tax year overview for sole traders and partners without a suitably qualified accountant.

If the proof of income provided is older than 12 months before the date of the application, the following additional verification is required:

  • An accountant’s certificate, verifying there are no material changes in revenue, expenditure, salary and dividends. 
  • If an accountant’s certificate is not available, both personal and business bank statements will be required.

Minimum 12 months’ trading period with 1 year’s accounts or SA302 and tax year overview

Consent to lease roof space for the installation of solar panels considered